Here you can find gardening and plant resources to help you with plant issues, pest control, gardening ideas, plant selection, yard and garden maintenance and more.
Native Planting and North American Plants
- Native prairie planting guide for Minnesotans. (PDF)
- Learn more about North American plants from this huge database from the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
The PLANTS Database provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
- Lawns to Legumes- Acceptable Vegetation and Expenses for Individual Grant_tk_new of trees and shrubs to plant for native plantings. Drummers plants that we have ordered for our inventory in store are highlighted.
- Native Plant Inventory at Drummers 2020
- Apply for the Fall Lawns to Legumes Program/Get Resources
Helping Environment and Wildlife
- Tree, shrub and fruit plant library from Bailey Nurseries.
- Growing Stone Fruit Trees
- Plant Selection and Garden Design Database and Resource
Minnesota Extension Service’s Sustainable Urban Landscape Information Series enables homeowners, business owners, and horticulture professionals to create outdoor spaces that are functional, maintainable, environmentally sound, cost effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
- ‘Types of Roses: A Visual Compendium’ from FTD
- How to Prune Peppers for Maximum Yield
Gardening, Issues and Solutions
- Natural gardening solutions from Espoma
- Build Healthy Living Soil
- Disease, insect & pest repellents and controls from Bonide. Plant tips, disease and insect controls, gardening tips
- Diagnose a problem with your plant with this handy tool from the University of Minnesota Extension Service. Covers disease, insects and weeds.
- Starting a Victory Garden (Grow your own food!)
- Planting annuals and acclimating to the outdoors
- Pet Friendly and Toxic Plants
- Choosing Onions to Grow and Eat
Societies and Associations
- National Gardening Association
- American Horticultural Society
- Minnesota Horticultural Society
- University of Minnesota Master Gardeners
- Minnesota Bonsai Society
Find help choosing plants to provide bloom throughout the season and even design and garden coaching assistance.