Here you can find gardening and plant resources to help you with plant issues, pest control, gardening ideas, plant selection, yard and garden maintenance and more.
Native Planting and North American Plants
- Native prairie planting guide for Minnesotans. (PDF)
- Learn more about North American plants from this huge database from the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
The PLANTS Database provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
Helping Environment and Wildlife
- Tree, shrub and fruit plant library from Bailey Nurseries.
- Plant Selection and Garden Design Database and Resource
Minnesota Extension Service’s Sustainable Urban Landscape Information Series enables homeowners, business owners, and horticulture professionals to create outdoor spaces that are functional, maintainable, environmentally sound, cost effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
- ‘Types of Roses: A Visual Compendium’ from FTD
- How to Prune Peppers for Maximum Yield
- Choosing Onions to Grow and Eat
Gardening Problems and Solutions
- Natural gardening solutions from Espoma
- Disease, insect & pest repellents and controls from Bonide. Plant tips, disease and insect controls, gardening tips
- Diagnose a problem with your plant with this handy tool from the University of Minnesota Extension Service. Covers disease, insects and weeds.
Societies and Associations
- National Gardening Association
- American Horticultural Society
- Minnesota Horticultural Society
- University of Minnesota Master Gardeners
- Minnesota Bonsai Society