Here you can find gardening and plant resources to help you with plant issues, pest control, gardening ideas, plant selection, yard and garden maintenance and more.
Native Planting and North American Plants
- Native prairie planting guide for Minnesotans. (PDF)
- Learn more about North American plants from this huge database from the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
The PLANTS Database provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
- Lawns to Legumes- Acceptable Vegetation and Expenses for Individual Grant_tk_new of trees and shrubs to plant for native plantings. Drummers plants that we have ordered for our inventory in store are highlighted.
- Native Plant Inventory at Drummers 2020
- Apply for the Fall Lawns to Legumes Program/Get Resources
Helping the Environment and Wildlife
- Growing Stone Fruit Trees
- ‘Types of Roses: A Visual Compendium’ from FTD
- How to Prune Peppers for Maximum Yield
- Prune “suckers” on Tomatoes for Higher Yield
- Pruning Landscape Trees
- Shrub Renewal Pruning (PDF)
Gardening – Issues and Solutions
- Video about Soil testing and info by U of M
- Natural gardening solutions from Espoma
- Build Healthy Living Soil
- Disease, insect & pest repellents and controls from Bonide. Plant tips, disease and insect controls, gardening tips
- Diagnose a problem with your plant with this handy tool from the University of Minnesota Extension Service. Covers disease, insects and weeds.
- Planting annuals and acclimating to the outdoors
- Pet Friendly and Toxic Plants
- Japanese Beetle Identification and Control
- Plant Selection and Garden Design and Resource
- Choosing Onions to Grow and Eat
- Drummers Landscape Design and garden coaching assistance.
- Starting a Victory Garden (Grow your own food!)
Societies and Associations
- National Gardening Association
- American Horticultural Society
- Minnesota Horticultural Society
- University of Minnesota Master Gardeners
- Minnesota Bonsai Society